Pearce Hanley: DO NOT SACK PEARCE HANLEY! Coaches will be concerned seeing he isn’t playing this week but don’t be too hasty. He is out for one week with a suspension and was listed as having a knee complaint, but he is having a breakout season with the Lions and is hot property, being owned in 98% of leagues, which gets me wondering what is going on in the other 2%. Hanley currently averages 95.3 points per game, very handy for a defender and was a high draft pick in draft leagues with an average draft position (ADP) of 89.5.
Michael Hurley: Hurley will not be playing this round after suffering an ankle injury against the Saints. He is a very capable scorer in your fantasy team, averaging 77 points per game in 2013, and is owned by 91% of Ultimate Footy leagues, with an ADP of 164.2, but his indefinite injury timeline means there’s an element of risk. It appears the injury isn’t too serious but could range anywhere between one and four weeks out of the game. Hurley looked in spectacular form against the Saints, scoring 78 before being subbed off in the third quarter. Hold on to him as he looks like he will back soon and in good form too.
Jack Viney: Viney looks a very good young player, but is going to need a few more games to get going. After a few good games early on, Viney showed against GWS that he still has to develop a lot of consistency to make his way as a solid fantasy footballer. Scoring at an average of 56.5 isn’t too bad, but his 18 on the weekend would have killed the coaches in the 65% of leagues that own him. He will be a very good player and may just have struggled against a weaker side, but in a keeper league, look to hold on to him unless you’re absolutely desperate to offload somebody.
Matthew Pavlich: The Pav is sidelined for 6-8 weeks after requiring surgery on his Achilles. It’s a tough one as losing a player for 6-8 weeks can put you in a bad position, but somebody as capable as Pavlich can put in big points towards the end of the season for you. He is only currently averaging 66 points per game this season, but he it is visible he has been hampered by the lingering Achilles issue. He won’t be back until roughly the halfway point of the season, but is owned in 95% of Ultimate Footy leagues (presumably the other 5% sacked him for this injury) and was taken at an ADP of 42.5, so was seen as hot property. I’d suggest benching him, as when it gets to the business end of the season, a star like Pav could be the difference.
Ryan Griffen: Griffen suffered a shoulder injury on the weekend which was believed to be severe, but has been cleared of serious damage. Although for the 99% of leagues that own him, he will still be out for two weeks. Griffen is an electric player, averaging 94.5 so far this season and was taken at ADP of 52.7, so don’t get rid of him. Put on a decent replacement for the time being but if you make the mistake of getting rid of him he will be gone in no time.
Jason Porplyzia: The Porpus was used as the sub last weekend, after some disappointing returns for the Crows. He hasn’t amassed more than 16 possessions or kicked multiple goals yet this season, averaging 11.3 possessions a game, at an average of 46.5 Ultimate Footy points per game. Disappointing for somebody taken with an ADP of 156.1. There are plenty of players going around doing better then Porplyzia that are widely available, so sack him and get some value for your players.
Nick Suban: After scoring 97 in round one against the Eagles in a promising Fremantle outfit, Suban looked the goods for fantasy football teams. He followed it up with a very solid 72 against the Bulldogs, but his position in the side is now under pressure after two poor games, which also hurt fantasy football coaches. His scores of 42 and 13 were downright poor for the coaches in the 55% of leagues that own him. And seeing him subbed off in the first half of a match as a result of playing poorly doesn’t hold him in good stead for getting a regular game. Sack him before the rest of the good replacements are gone.
Daniel Rich: Rich has come up with a fractured shoulder and will not play another game for eight weeks, and after such an amazing pre-season, has been a disappointment to the coaches in 85% of leagues that own him, Rich has had a very modest start to the year, averaging only 58.5 Ultimate Footy points this season after many believed this would be his breakout year. Taken at an ADP of 109.3, you would be unlucky to have him and to now lose him but there are many players out there more consistent, scoring higher.
Ryan Schoenmakers: Out for the season after rupturing an ACL, no point keeping him if you have him.